Momo Cocoa's Holiday Baking Guide
The Best Holiday Cookie
The holidays have arrived. Which mean food, family, & fun. Many people are stressed when trying to decide what to bake or bring to their holiday events. Lucky for you, there is no need to stress. As we have the perfect holiday cookie recipe using our Dark Baking Cocoa.
These cookies are rich, chocolatey, and sure to be a hit with both kids, adults, and even Santa. The only problem is that if you bring them for the holidays you may be expected to bring them for every holiday from that point on. Feel free to claim this recipe as your own secret recipe, we won't tell! Feel free to claim this recipe as your own secret recipe, we wont tell!
Momo Cocoa's Dark Chocolate Cocoa Cookies
- Prep time: 40 mins
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Preheat oven at 350
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Oz. Momo Cocoa Dark Baking Cocoa
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs (or Egg replacement)
- 3/4 Cup Melted Butter (or vegan butter)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the cocoa powder to melted butter and stir it until it’s smooth and combined.
- Add in the melted butter and cocoa powder mixture, brown sugar, and white sugar to a bowl;
- Mix the ingredients on medium speed 1-2 minutes until it is light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl when needed.
- Next, add in the eggs.
- Mix again on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until it’s light and airy.
- Scrape the bowl.
- While mixing on low, add in the vanilla, salt, baking soda, flour, and chocolate chips.
- Mix the dough just enough so that it’s combined.
- Scoop approximately 2 Tbsp cookie dough balls and place them onto the sheet pan about 3″ apart.
- Let these cookies sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to give time for the flour to absorb the liquids. This will help reduce the amount of spread on your baked cookies.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes, or until they are no longer shiny in the center and the edges are set.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to allow them to cool all the way.
Momo Cocoa® is a Portland, Oregon based cocoa company founded with one simple purpose: To make high-quality cocoa accessible to all. Most of our products are vegan and all are gluten free and can be enjoyed with non-dairy or dairy milk of your choice. We blend delicious cocoa for enjoyment by anyone on any occasion. Find your favorite and Curl Up With a Cup™!